Tuesday 19 August 2008

You can see my house from here!





We have just returned from a little trip out as a group, to the Great Wall. This meant getting up at 6am to get out by 7am, but was very much worth it. A stunning sight, if a bit hard on the legs! While we may have taken the 'line of least resistance' by taking the cable car up, and then the 'slide' back down, it was enough for a group of tired umpires for one morning. I nearly didn't make it as I've managed to succumb to a stomach upset, probably due to the dehydration/rehydration in the heat yesterday. But I'm delighted that I risked 'running' the gauntlet, and went on the trip anyway. I'm feeling OK now anyway, so hopefully it will be a short bout of illness?


We received the appointments for tomorrow, and I will be the highly efficient (if square eyed) video umpire on the first semi. Even if my 'active' role here is to be at an end, I have enjoyed all of my matches and really relished being part of this incredible event.

1 comment:

Diddle said...

Hi Andy,

looks like a cool ride and afr better than using that valuable energy !!

Well, if it now looks towards the end of the road and you've done all your 'active' appointments, its a huge well done and congratulations, you clearly done yourself proud and got one of the two top group games (with JW and EH getting the other game of note), I hope you are proud of what you have achieved and can now begin to reflect on the whole fabulous experience.

Make sure your concentration continues for just one more and you can sign off duty a happy man, enjoy your remaining time and I look forward to buying you a beer in a few weeks....

All the best

Diddle