Thursday 21 August 2008

Drum roll

A leisurely morning spent editing and downloading pictures to facebook of the matches from yesterday, then I even managed some breakfast for a change. We have just had a brief meeting of the male umpires and UM's, and of course the appointments for the Finals were given out. Hong Lae even managed to create a drum roll on the conference room table, as though we weren't nervous enough. China v South Africa (11v12) is Rob Ten Cate and Satinder Kumar. GB v Korea (5v6) is Murray Grime and Roel van Eart. Netherlands v Australia (Bronze Match) is Christain Blasch and ME!!!!!! Germany v Spain (Final) is Henrick Ehlers and Dave Gentles.

I must admit to being a bit shocked and emotional, as I always hoped for the best match possible but didn't expect to really get it. So, one more match to keep it all together and come away from the Olympics with far more than I could have dreamed of. You never know, I may even get some pictures taken of me in action for a change? For all of you at home, I hope that the BBC get the match broadcast for a change so that you can shout at the TV. Watch this space for the build up to the final day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You may be surprised at the appointment, but no one else is... we all know you are capable of it and the game could not have been given to a better man. You have provided me with a lot of support over the last couple of years and it is a real honor for me to say that I know you. Good luck, it will be a fantastic game umpired to perfection, you've got a lot to be proud of and everyone back here will be watching (it is being broadcast live by BBC). Congratulations. ;)

Tim.W

Elaine said...

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!

Little sis

JB14 said...

Andy, Congratulations and enjoy your special day! Jon