Tuesday 12 August 2008

Return of the Umpire

Well I'm back! The problem that you may have been encountering in entering my blog is due to me having to delete it. The IOC released a 'guideline' paper yesterday morning, and we were instructed to remove our blogs. However, I think that I can operate within their guidelines, as long as I am careful about the pictures that I release to you in these notes. So here goes!

It is 5.30 am here and I'm just boiling the kettle for my first Chinese tea of the day. Breakfast will be a yoghurt and then on to the 6.30am shuttle bus to the ground. I'm on the South Africa v Australia match with Roel van Eart, which should be 'rapid', and no doubt won't be televised by the BBC? I wil try to let you know how things went, assuming that I don't get splashed all over the International press for a 'major incident'?

2 comments:

Saffie said...

Hey good to see you back, sorry you have been "censored" hope you are enjoying things still!!!
Keep trying to see you on TV but the coverage of the hockey has not been to high profile! still we all thinking of ya.
Take care
Sam, Tony, Imogen and Savannah

Keely Dunn said...

Way to fight the man, man! You're my hero. ;) Due to tech difficulties I didn't see the RSA v AUS match, but apparently you did a very good job in one half kicking the ball into the net on a regular basis. Keep up the good work. :)