Wednesday 13 August 2008

The end of a perfect day?

It's 11.20pm and I've just got back into my hotel room after getting up at 5am. Quite weery is a polite description for how I feel. My match this morning went well, and despite the score (10-0 to Australia) was very competitive for much of the match. It was just that the Oz guys kept slotting excellent goals at every opportunity.

So a rest day for us tomorrow, and very welcome it will be too. May go for some window shopping, now that my misplaced specs have magically turned up. I thought that I may have to get a pair sorted out here, but they were sitting on top of my reading book when I came back to the room earlier today. Very odd, but welcome. And I am reserve on the first match of the day on the 15th, then video umpire for the second. I will try not to have any dramas with either of those appointments! Thanks to all of you that have been leaving comments or emailing me, it's great to hear from you all.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

It might be a good idea not to mention to the teams (particularly the South Africans?) that you didn't have your glasses. You know what they say about the ref needing new specs!

We're hoping that you might get one of the later matches that the BBC actually choose to show, but looking forward to seeing all those hundreds of photos I'm sure you've taken!

See you soon.

Love

Your little sis

Elly Middel said...

Hi Dear,

Great that you are online again, missed it to read your daily news.
Now you can write instead of window shopping if you manage with that good eyes... :)
Can see all games on the Dutch broadcasting so hardly miss anything. Here is everything fine except the wheather, but you know the problem because in China it is almost the same.
Big hug for all the collegea and lots of kisses for you

Elly

Darren H said...

Great job Andy. Look forward to hearing some stories when you get back.

Darren