Saturday 23 August 2008

How was it for you?



I understand that the BBC managed to get their act together and actually show the hockey live for a change. What would you hope for in an Olympic medal hockey match? What a dream game to be part of. My first decision, or lack of, was setting the bar rather high as far as the 'lifted ball' is concerned, but I was comfortable with that. If you blinked you missed a goal for the first ten minutes! Hopefully I didn't blink too much?

I'm glad to say that Hong Lae redeemed himself from the other day and took some pictures of me during the match. So, I now have a bit more evidence that I can do a dreadful Max Boyce impression and say that " I was there" in an Olympic Games. Off to bed now, after only a few beers as physically, mentally, and emotionally wiped out now. Perhaps the buzz will come tomorrow? And hopefully not during the closing ceremony?

1 comment:

Diddle said...

So there we have it, a fantastic experience, clearly some fantastic umpiring, the rewards are there for us all to see, such an inspiration to the many others who would love to go on and emulate your achievements.

I hope you have so many good memories of an event which you have worked very hard to achieve your very best in, all the difficult and emotional times surely have been worth it....

All the very best and thank-you on behalf of us all !!!!

Well Done

Diddle