Friday 22 August 2008

Another day in paradise?

Finals Day has arrived bright and sunny, and I managed to sleep like a log as usual. I would just like to say thanks to all of you that have taken the trouble to send me messages of support, particularly over my appointment to the Bronze medal match. You really do make a difference!

I'm going to head over to the ground this morning to watch the GB guys playing, and to hopefully meet up with Dave Bunyan for a while. A photo opportunity for the school magazine, and to show how two Cliftonville and Canterbury ex-players have progressed. Otherwise, I'm trying to treat today just like any other, and the match just as another match. We will see if I succeed. Enjoy the match, and I look forward to seeing you all soon. But not till after a closing ceremony and maybe a glass or two of wine?

5 comments:

slottercotter said...

Many congrats Andy. Have a great one. Sean and all at SHC.

Saffie said...

congrats Andy, will hopefully see the match!
what a fab experience you have had can't wait to see more of your pictures!
Sam Tony Imogen and Savannah

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great match, well done! I see you got cliftonville in there- stuart jones will be pleased. Way back 1997 when you said that you wanted to umpire in the olympics; it must seemed like a distant dream, but you have and you should be very proud. I'll see you when you get back to school (if the wine has worn off by then?!?!)- enjoy the closing ceremony!!!

msancto said...

Hi Andy,
Top match this morning; fantastic umpiring. Hedley thought your whistle sounded great. Seems as though you've had a wonderful time; all those memories. Can't wait to see all the photos. Enjoy the closing ceremony.
Lots of love,
Roger, Melanie & Hedley